- Robotic Projector, also known as Calvin.
Our goal was to design, build, and program a wirelessly controlled mobile robotic projector that could move on a three-wheeled platform, tilt, and project from a laptop.
Initial Design Goals
- Mobility - forward and backward motion with zero turn radius ability on a three-wheeled platform.
- Video projection – be able to project a video and tilt the projector vertically.
- Remote control – projector and movement should be controlled wirelessly with a wireless keyboard or mouse via a laptop.
- Power – the whole system will be powered with a motorcycle battery.
What Was Accomplished
- Mobility - All goals met.
- Video projection – All goals met.
- Remote control – All goals met. In addition, movement can be controlled with a wireless X-box controller.
- Power – extension cords used to power the projector, two 12V motorcycle batteries power 24V DC motors for forward and backward motion and a stepper motor for tilting.